Sunday, September 27, 2009

Choral Evensong

Yes, I know long-standing friends may rub their eyes in disbelief, but I am the parish priest at a church that has monthly choral evensong. For only the second time in 19 years of ordained life, I led a service (although many thanks to Richard P for cantoring so ably). Probably fair to say it's not my native environment, but I didn't do much wrong, apart from forgetting to stand at one point. Maybe one day they'll persuade me to sing it, although I'm not sure the world's ready for that. We get visitors from quite a wide area, so we have quite a viable congregation, as well as a good sized choir. Wouldn't want to put them off.

Got a great text to preach on (Lk 17:11-19), and great cakes afterwards. It's all good.

3 comments:

LankyAnglican said...

Rev Peatman! I'm very proud; evensong is great.

I've heard your singing voice too, you'd be an excellent cantor.

Mr Chris said...

Sigh... Reminds me of all those days at the priory. Sung morning and evensong, anthems as well. Good times (I think)

Mike Peatman said...

Priory?

Is there something I should know?