Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow in Morecambe

Snow that settles is a pretty rare occurrence in the Lancaster and Morecambe area, especially on the lower ground, and particularly near the coast. Last night we had a snowfall, and as I set off at 7-30am to get ready for the 8am communion, this was the view from my front door. Thought the Church and Poulton War Memorial Hall looked very photogenic today. This view of Morecambe (or Poulton-le Sands I should say) makes me think of the Cotswolds or somewhere much further south.

Meanwhile the modest(!) Rectory was also shrouded in snow.
Through the trees you might glimpse the bay window. Just got a pair of curtains for it - 11 feet wide by 7 feet 6 ins drop. I make that 165 sq feet - that's a lot of cloth for one window!

The snow is starting to melt now, but I suspect it will still be cold for a bit yet.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: