Monday, February 11, 2008

Doodled Gospel

I'm rather disappointed to have missed the deadline for the UCCF project to doodle the gospel. having no artistic abilities at all, I'm not sure that I would have been very helpful. However, my favourite cartoonist, Dave Walker, has provided an example (complete with self-parody explanation) here. It was obviously going to attract some entries that were rather less genuine than others, and I think it's fair to say that Dave's will fall short.

The comments are good, especially the conversation between contributors and bluefish ( Dave Bish, UCCF worker ) on the words to be illustrated. Apparently the list was ALERT, BELIEVE, FOLLOW, INNOCENT, KILL, OPEN, RESCUE, RISEN, TELL, WHO, YOU, SINNERS. (The capitals are from copying and pasting - sorry). 'Love' and 'Grace' were noted as omissions by those commenting. Dave Bish didn't draw up the list of words, but presumed that these two were omitted as they are not dominant words in Mark's gospel. I'm surprised 'Risen' made it as the original text ends at Mk 16:8, before the risen Jesus is seen!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Any summary fails somewhere I suppose.

Mike Peatman said...

Indeed they do. Hope I didn't come across too harsh!

Unknown said...

Nah, tis fine!