Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Software updates

We're always told to say yes to updates, as they maintain the security of our computers. I dutifully accepted iTunes 9 for Mac OSX and let the install go ahead. Synchronizing with my iPod then took ages, and eventually my ipod locked up. Yesterday afternoon it yielded and started working again, and I managed to get back to some sort of normality. Sure enough, an iTunes update popped up today citing sync problems and the time taken.

Just about to try the updated version and see if it's any quicker. Never mind - I could be using Windows...

1 comment:

Mr Chris said...

Apple is notorious for massive bloat ware updates, I get the same on windows. There have been some famous incidents and it's not getting any better. add in some anti-competitive behaviour towards palm and you're suprised that they've got away with it for so long.

But...You can't argue with the design or functionality.