Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bible

Just noticed on the sidebar that I only have one post labelled 'Bible', so here's another. Either I keep my Biblical musings to myself, I forget to use the label, or I am just not devout enough.

Don't answer that...

Actually I was secretly pleased with myself at CU on Thursday. I wasn't able to stay for the small groups bit of the evening, so I had a quick look at the sheet they were using. The passage was Mark 10:17-onwards, reproduced from the New Living Translation - the story of the rich young man. It opened saying that Jesus set off for Jerusalem. I was sure that wasn't in the text, and it isn't - not even in the NLT rendition of the passage (describes it as a 'trip' which makes it sound like a nice day out!). In fact from the context, it looks like Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem, so the insertion is a legitimate clarification. I was just a bit surprised that it wasn't made explicit in the print-out that it was an addition. If I was a real nerd I'd look up the textual variants in the Greek, but that would be showing off.

So, it turns out I'm more Biblical than my label count would imply!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: